Sunday, February 20, 2011

Alamere Falls and redemption

So I know I have been a TOTAL slacker about posting...and for the one or two readers I have left-oh you faithful blends (blog friends:) I am giving you a virtual windmill Top Gun high five. I am not sure I can cover the last 4 months in one post so I am trying out a small post. What I did yesterday. A few friends and I completely threw caution to the wind and hiked along the coast near Point Reyes. I actually hiked in my grandma's retro rain boots that held up pretty well. It was a gorgous hike-the rain held back for the 4 hours the hike took. The falls tumbled down a few pools and eventually burst out over the ocean. Pretty awesome.

I was excited to get there.

Striding with purpose in my 1950's footgear



Solid Saturday hike. If you are in Northern Ca. This should be on your list of hikes. About 8 miles roundtrip and you hike past a couple of lakes. Stunning.







Annnnd this is why I live here. To go on hikes like this. About 2 hours from home. On the way home, we stopped in a tiny coastal town called Bolinas Bay at a cozy little spot with giant frog statues and surboards hanging from the ceiling-named Coast Cafe. Incredible food-and I ate part of a brownie sundae that was the size of my head. With homemade caramel and chocolate sauce.






3 comments:

  1. I WANT THAT BROWNIE SUNDAY RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally awesome! Its interesting to see how much flow the waterfall had for your hike in Feb vs. my hike in May.
    Palomarin Trailhead to Alamere Falls at Point Reyes - BRT Insights.

    ReplyDelete