Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Frogs, Glass tower and a workout in SF

Interesting modern art sculpture at the de Young musuem although never quite made in in the actual exhibit area....had lots of things to see and do!

Spidey girl! I totally pushed a 12 year old out of the way to get this shot....no shame...

You may be asking-how did Sara get that amazing shot of the California Academy of Sciences? What on earth did she climb up on? As it turns out-that line right there was the reason for the deviation into the de Young musuem across Golden Gate park. Turns out that "Free Day" is kind of on the crowded side and after eying the clamoring masses-decided I'd rather come back another time. At the deYoung museum, anyone can go up to the observation deck and get a bird's eye view for free. Which is exactly what I did-you can see the whole city up there. And the line avoided...

Cool seats at the De Young museum

This was a pretty steep street. Kind of a workout....And yes-I walked like that the whole way...
On a side note, the most disturbing thing seen today was walking into a shop in Chinatown and I heard a croaking and I looked under a table full of frogs in a tupperware bin...I'm talking big bull frogs that you could put collars on....I had to leave pretty fast before I bought them and set them free in the Bay....

No comments:

Post a Comment